Lisa Dyer, 28, shares the property in Potters Bar, Hertfordshire, with daughters, Angel, nine, Skylar, two, and 10-month-old Zara.
Ms Dyer, who has lived in the two-bedroom housing association flat for seven years, said she’s at “breaking point” – as walls plagued with mould cover the entirety of her family home.
“Since September last year, things have just been getting worse and I can’t live in this place anymore,” she told the Hertfordshire Mercury.
“I’ve had numerous people come out to clear the mould and a man even came over to clear it and he literally told me ‘you can’t live in a place like this, you need to get your children out of here’.”
Things have even reached the stage where the young mum has contemplated taking her own life.
She continued: “There’s been so many times when I’ve wanted to end my life, but I wouldn’t do that to my kids – I’m a very strong person and it takes a lot to break me.
“I don’t know what else to do, I’m a single mother with three kids and the whole place, it’s completely and utterly awful.”
Shockingly, Ms Dyer claims her health, as well as her children’s, has declined due to the “mould infestation” situation – and has even been hospitalised because of it.
There’s been so many times when I’ve wanted to end my life
She said: “A few years ago, I was diagnosed with asthma because of the mould and damp – now my daughter has also been diagnosed with it.
“Just this morning, she woke up and said she can’t breathe, I don’t know what to do – my other little girl also isn’t sleeping anymore.
MOST READ IN NEWS
BACK TO DAY JOB
Wills shows Harry how it’s done as he’s back to work after Queen summit
LEFT TO DIE
Girl, 3, starves to death when ‘mum leaves her alone for a week to go partying’
HOUSE OF HORROR
Boy, 7, found living in ‘rubbish tip’ home with heroin addict parents
Lawyer trademarks Sussex Royal brand to ‘teach Harry and Meghan a lesson’
Landlord refuses to rent room to Gambian man as Africans ‘make the house smell’
Rift began when Will told Harry that mum Diana wouldn’t want him to wed so fast
“I’ve had three asthma attacks recently and I was in hospital just three or four weeks ago.”
A spokesperson from housing association Catalyst responded in a statement, saying: “Providing our customers with a safe and comfortable home is our priority.
“We are sorry for the distress caused to Ms Dyer, and we’re working to fix the issues within her home as quickly as possible.”
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0207 782 4368 . You can WhatsApp us on 07810 791 502. We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.