Being a member of a family gym allows parents to lead by example. Children learn exercise habits from their parents. A tale as old as time. Cincinnati has plenty of family gyms where parents and kids can get healthy together. We’ve gathered a list of some high-end options and some budget-friendly ones, too. Let’s get moving!
First, the price-is-not-an-issue options.
Five Seasons is a family gym that has clubs in Symmes Township and Crestview Hills, which offer the same amenities. They were recently renovated with new equipment, furniture, floors and paint. Five Seasons has a two-level fitness center, indoor and outdoor tennis courts, indoor and outdoor swimming pools, indoor walking/jogging track, three weight centers, spinning room, basketball courts and racquetball.
Five Seasons also has men’s and women’s locker rooms with sauna and steam rooms, a yoga studio, salon and spa, café and bar. There are over 60 group exercise classes offered weekly. The family gym offers childcare, a kids’ club, swim school, tennis and pickleball programs, poolside parties and social events. Family membership costs $134 plus tax monthly for families with children under age 23.
11790 Snider Road, Symmes Township; and 345 Thomas More Parkway, Crestview Hills; fiveseasonssportsclub.com.
Silverlake: The Family Place is a family gym with a fitness center, indoor aquatic center with a small water park and Olympic-sized pool, sauna and steam room, private showers with complimentary soap and shampoo, towel service and an indoor basketball court. It also features an outdoor waterpark, cooking class studio, duckpin bowling alley, trampoline park, Clip ‘n’ Climb, bar and grill. Childcare is offered free to all members.
Silverlake offers a Kids Club for ages eight weeks to six years old. There is also KidsQuest for ages 3 to 12. Silverlake offers after-school care and day camps. It also offers swimming lessons, gymnastics, sports academy for kids, aquatics, training and group exercise. Family membership for two adults and children under age 23 living at home costs $159 per month or $1,812.60 per year.
301 Kenton Lands Road, Erlanger; silverlakefamily.com.
How about some cheaper options?
Town & Country is a family gym with a fitness center, aquatic center, kids’ gym and tanning beds. The aquatic center has an 89-degree pool with two slides for kids and an 83-degree, 3-lane/25-yard pool. The kids’ gym has two spring-free trampolines, tubes and tunnels, a sports wall and small basketball court. Childcare is available for kids from infant to eight years old. Family memberships start at $79 per month.
1018 Town Drive, Wilder; www.towncountrysports.com.
YMCA of Greater Cincinnati has 12 locations, which all offer fitness centers and indoor pools. Nearly all have a basketball court. YMCA membership costs $82/month for single-parent families and $92/month for two-parent families. Members can go to all of the clubs. Most offer branch-only membership for a reduced rate. myy.org
• Blue Ash has a cycling studio, family locker rooms, handball court, kids’ club, nature fitness trail, on-site pre-school, outdoor pool, racquetball court, sauna, steam room, teen zone and whirlpool.
5000 YMCA Drive, Blue Ash.
• Campbell County has a baby pool, cycling studio, kids’ club, outdoor pool, racquetball court and sauna.
1437 S. Fort Thomas Ave., Fort Thomas.
• Carl H. Lindner has family locker rooms, indoor water park, kids’ club, sauna and steam room.
1425B Linn St., West End.
• Central Parkway has an indoor walking and running track, racquetball court and steam room.
1105 Elm St., Over-the-Rhine.
• Clermont Family has a cycling studio, family locker rooms, indoor walking and running track, kids’ club, outdoor pool, splash pad, sauna and steam room.
2075 James E. Sauls Sr. Drive, Batavia.
• Clippard Family has a baby pool, early learning, family locker rooms, indoor water park, kids’ club, outdoor pool, preschool, splash pad, outdoor waterslide, senior center and whirlpool.
8920 Cheviot Road, Colerain Township.
• Gamble-Nippert has a baby pool, cycling studio, kids’ club, outdoor pool, outdoor waterslide, racquetball court, sauna, steam room and whirlpool.
3159 Montana Ave., Westwood.
• Highland County has a cycling studio, family locker rooms, indoor walking and running track, nature fitness trail and sauna.
201 Diamond Drive, Hillsboro.
• M.E. Lyons has a baby pool, cycling studio, family locker rooms, kids’ club, large free weight room, outdoor pool, sauna and steam room.
8108 Clough Pike, Anderson Township.
• Powel Crosley Jr. has a baby pool, cycling studio, family locker rooms, indoor water park, kids’ club, nature fitness trail, on-site pre-school, outdoor pool with cold-weather bubble, racquetball court, sand volleyball court, sauna and tennis court.
9601 Winton Road, Springfield Township.
• R.C. Durr has a cycling studio, family locker rooms, gymnastics, kids’ club, large free-weight room, on-site preschool, outdoor pool, outdoor waterslide, sauna and senior center
5874 Veterans Way, Burlington.
• Richard E. Lindner has gymnastics, outdoor pool, racquetball court, sauna and steam room.
2039 Sherman Ave., Norwood.
Read or Share this story: https://www.cincinnati.com/story/entertainment/2020/02/13/cincinnati-family-gyms-five-seasons-silverlake-town-country-ymca/4751729002/